Daily skin care routine
Sticking to a routine is essential for keeping clear and healthy skin. Everyone’s daily routine will be different and should be specifically designed for them according to their skin type. However, no matter what kind of skin type you have there are a few simple tips you should always remember:
- First, try to never touch your face…hands off ladies! You don’t want all the oil and dirt from your fingers transferring to your face!
- Next you have to analyze your skin and figure out if you have normal, dry, oily, or combination skin. Sensitive skin is also very common and it is recognized by being easily irritated by simple facial products. After you determine what skin type you have, find products that will be beneficial to you. You will need to buy a cleanser, toner and moisturizer. These should all be used daily. Now, don’t be afraid to spend a little money on these products, because you need them to work! However, the amount of money doesn’t always ensure the quality of the product. This process is done with a lot of testing and patience to determine which products work the best for you. Here is a good routine that should be followed.
- Wash your hands before you begin cleaning your face. Use your cleanser first, then your toner, followed by a moisturizer.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week with a special facial wash that is specific for your skin type. (exfoliators are just a little “rougher” than your average facial wash, designed to get all of the dead skin and dirt off your face and out of your pores.)
- NEVER pick or pop your pimples!!!! Don’t do it! That leaves scars and it only makes your skin worse.
- A facial mask is also something that is important to have. This is not needed every day; more like once a week or so. There are many types of masks and it up to you to find one that works best for you!
Most importantly you need to stick to your routine! Your skin needs to get used to the habit of being treated, and used to the products that control your skin’s problems. These are just some simple guidelines to maintaining your skin’s health for your everyday life! (:
A couple recommendations:
- Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash (pink grapefruit foaming scrub) – $$5.49 www.neutrogena.com
- I’ve recently started using this product and I love it! The smell of grapefruit isn’t overwhelming and the micro beads do a fantastic job clearing away any of the dead skin on my face, leaving it soft and smooth when I’m done with this wash.
- Lush’s Mask of Magnaminty (face and body mask) -$24.95 www.lushusa.com
- I did a review on this product a couple weeks ago, but a very quick overview is this mask uses Peppermint and other ingredients to give you that deep clean feeling. It leaves your skin feeling cool and fresh! I love this product and the best thing about it is you can use it every day if you wanted to.
If you have very dry skin make sure all of your products do not have any kind of alcohol or any alcohol substitutes in them. Moisturizing is very important for anyone that has dry skin.
- Cetaphil moisturizing lotion-$9.00 Any Drugstore
- This lotion is a great facial and body lotion if you have dry skin. You can use this lotion not just on your face, but also anywhere your skin needs moisture!
These are just a couple recommendations for you bridal beauties out there!!
Until next week,